Our concierge at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto shares her favourite Toronto insider travel tips below to ensure you have the most authentic trip to the T.O.
Top Insider Tips:
- First time in the city? We highly recommend purchasing a "Toronto City Pass" which gives you access to 5 famous Toronto attractions at a discounted price: CN Tower, Royal Ontario Museum, Casa Loma, Ontario Science Centre and Toronto Zoo.
- Toronto Ripley's Aquarium is the newest attraction in town. Plan to spend at least 2 hours to explore it all. You will not want to miss ‘Dangerous lagoon’, also known as the Shark Tunnel!
- There’s always something to do at the Harbourfront Centre, Grab a bite, attend a festival, see a show or exhibit, take a class… the possibilities are endless
- For the most adventurous, experience the EdgeWalk at the CN Tower and enjoy the panoramic views from the top!
- Rent a bicycle and ride along the waterfront in direction of the beaches. Once there, get an ice cream and join locals to play beach volleyball.
- Why not join our running concierge for an invigorating jog along the boardwalk?
- Make the most of this summer and treat yourself to a Scenic Dinner cruise with Mariposa Cruises. Dine and dance aboard one beautiful ship while cruising Lake Ontario and taking in Toronto’s breathtaking skyline.
- For a unique dining experience, head to Medieval Times where you will enjoy a knight’s show while enjoying your meal. A great place for families or just for fun with friends!
- For our foodies, sample fresh products at St. Lawrence Market and understand why it was named the "World's Best Food Market" by National Geographic in April 2012.
- A great less known tour is at the Steam Whistle Brewery. They offer daily tours of the previous railway station along with complimentary samples of their Premium Pilsner. If you prefer wine and don’t mind a little bit of driving, Niagara-on-the-lake is less than 90 minutes away and you are guaranteed a good time exploring the vineyards there.
Learn more about what to do in Toronto.