Toronto Insider Travel Tips
Our very own Valerie Brive, a concierge here at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, shares her favorite Toronto insider travel tips below to ensure you have the most rewarding and authentic trip to the city.
Valerie's Top 10 Insider Tips:
1. First time in the city? We highly recommend to purchase a "Toronto City Pass" which gives you access to 5 famous Toronto attractions at a discounted price: CN Tower, Royal Ontario Museum, Casa Loma, Ontario Science Centre and Toronto Zoo.
2. Nothing to do on Wednesday evenings? Starting July 10, don’t miss the "free flicks" – outdoor movies at the WestJet theatre, Harbourfront Centre.
3. For the most adventurous, experience the EdgeWalk at the CN Tower and enjoy the panoramic views from the top!
4. Feel well and join Lululemon for outdoor yoga classes in Trinity Bellwoods Park.
5. Take advantage of our location on the waterfront and try stand-up paddleboarding and canoeing on Lake Ontario.
6. Why not join our running concierge for an invigorating jog along the boardwalk?
7. A great less known tour is at the Steam Whistle Brewery. Their associates offer daily tours of the previous railway station along with complimentary samples of their Premium Pilsner.
8. Sample fresh products at St. Lawrence Market and understand why it was named the "World's Best Food Market" by National Geographic in April 2012.
9. Ride around on a Segway at the Distillery District and order the sample platter of Mill St. Beer at one of the many bars.
10. Summer is a magical season in Toronto. Don’t forget to check out the festivals and calendar of events: there is something for everyone every day! Learn more about our favorite Toronto festivals.
A French twenty-something trying to survive her first Canadian winter. Val is a perpetual tourist, scuba-diver and pianist fruitlessly working toward the impossible task of speaking with Hugh Grant’s accent. She is a fan of Rock of Ages, sharks, Tim Horton’s, and cheesy books. Val just skydived past #20 on her bucket list, and the next 3 steps on her bucket list include: flying a plane, hiking Half Dome, and learning how to cook more than just an omelette.
Learn more about what to do in Toronto.