Our hotel is committed to making sure you can deliver a environmentally friendly meeting for your meeting or conference attendees. We follow very strict green meeting policies and strive to be one of the best environmentally friendly Toronto conference hotels.
- Provide on-line registration and confirmation for both delegates and media.
- Eliminate give-aways that are not edible or re-usable.
- Use recyclable or biodegradable name badges and lanyards.
- Eliminate bottled water. Offer tap water in jugs on meeting stations at no charge.
- Request no pads and pens provided on your meeting set-ups.
- Large recycle containers with paper, bottles/cans and garbage slots are available throughout the conference space and in meeting rooms.
- Request meeting rooms that offer natural light; reduce or eliminate artificial light where possible.
- Recycle leftover conference materials and packaging wherever possible by the hotel.
- Request that unused foods are donated to local food bank.
- Hotel offers in-room recycling option for towels and bed linens.
- Signage in guestrooms reminding guests to turn off the lights, TV, etc. when exiting the room.
- Blue recycle bins in all guestrooms for paper and bottles.
- Water-efficient bathroom fixtures with low flow dual shower heads, low flush toilets, low flow taps.
- Energy efficient lighting.
- Individual temperature controls in all guestrooms.
- Keep drapes closed in rooms on hot days.
Green Hotel Toronto Initiatives: we offer program options for additional fee
- Power your events with green energy at The Westin Harbour Castle Toronto Hotel by purchasing “Bullfrog Power”
- For coffee breaks, rent water coolers and provide re-usable water jugs to your delegates. Ask convention services manager for pricing details
- Use fruit infused water from dispensers rather than bottled water during breaks. Each dispenser is $30.00 ++ and serves 15 glasses
- Offer local food choices -- sustainable menu options are also available from our culinary team