Green Hotel Toronto
At The Westin Harbour Castle, we pride ourselves on our green hotel Toronto initiatives. We invite you to read about all of our eco-friendly practices below:
- E-folio and newspaper – Guests can decide at check-in if they want to receive their final bill via email and opt-out of the daily newspaper delivery to their room.
- Make a Green Choice Program - Receive a daily $5 F&B credit or 500 Starpoints for each night you opt-out of the housekeeping service (except day of departure).
- Green Energy – The Westin Harbour Castle is the only downtown Toronto hotel whose lobby and restaurants are powered 100% by bullfrogpowerTM green electricity.
- Recycling – The hotel has a target diversion rate of 67%. All organic waste matter is handled on-site by our brand new ORCA machine which converts it into water safely discharged in the sanitary sewer system.
- Breathe Westin – Westin is the first hotel brand to introduce a smoke- free policy which reduces the use for air freshener chemicals
- Clutter-free meetings – You won’t find linens in our meetings rooms. Meetings Impact Reports are available to indicate the impact of your meeting on the environment.
We invite you to learn more about all our eco-friendly practices by reading our green practices booklet.